Why raise funds for Marie Curie?
A Marie Curie nurse can be requested, via your General Practitioner and/or District Nurse, for any end-of-life episode.
Our group was launched by the Mayor of Poole, in January 2013 to raise funds to be used in Dorset. The group organizes numerous collections and other fundraising events throughout the year as well as a variety of social activities for all ages.
New members are always welcome – it’s free to join – and we can assure you of a varied and pleasurable social and fundraising calendar throughout the year.
What we do
Keep in touch with our fundraising:
You could raise money for Poole Marie Curie whenever you buy anything online, without it costing you a penny extra! Simply visit www.easyfundraising.org.uk, click “select a good cause” and search Marie Curie Poole Fundraising Group. Select the group as your chosen “good cause” and then whenever you subsequently shop online, your purchase will earn a donation from the retailer without it costing you anything extra. Most well-known brands have joined this scheme, and their donations help Marie Curie to provide more nursing care in our local community. Thank you for your help.
We would like to thank our supporters for the valuable assistance they have provided to the Poole Marie Curie fundraising group.
- All our fabulous volunteers who run collections and take part in events
- Sainsbury’s Pitwines, Poole for gift vouchers for our Marie Curie nurses
- John Lewis at Home, Poole for including us in their charity green disc scheme.
- Haskins, Ferndown – for donation of £100 worth of daffodil bulbs.
- Maurice Crouch (Growers) of Blackwater for donation of daffodil bulbs in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- Delfino Lounge – for raising funds and supporting Poole Marie Curie.
- Poole Libraries – for our partnership agreement.
- Broadstone Golf Club Ladies Section – for choosing Marie Curie as your charity of the year.
- Quadrant2Design – for the gift of 5 banner stands for the group to use at our many events.
- Curly the Busker – for raising funds for Marie Curie.
- D&M Services, Domestic & Commercial Removals – for hourly donations to Marie Curie.
- Swanage Rotary President, John Thraves – for choosing Marie Curie for his presidency charity.
- Mike Boss Photography – for use of his great images
- Liz Gordon of Brilliant Fish PR – for help with social media & PR
- Cress Rolfe of Seajar Digital – for designing our new website